Who wouldn’t want this beauty in the garden? Zinnia is easy to start from seed and once they get a’bloomin, they can brighten up anyone’s day.
If you are a gardener that is looking for a beautiful flowering plant and is easy to start from seed, Zinnia is your choice.
I grew it from seed a few years back and was amazed with how easy it was to grow. It seemed to hold up to the elements real well, a strong and solid plant once it gets going. In mid summer, just when you think the blooms have come to a peak, it sends out more and more blooms, especially if you deadhead the old flowers and consistently take cuttings.
Bloom Time: Summer until frost!
- Comes in a variety of bright colors
- Great for cutting and bringing indoors with solitary and double blooming long-stemmed flowers.
- Prefer full sun and good drainage
- Practice deadheading for continuous blooms
- Fertilize every 4-6weeks with compost tea or other organic fertilizer
- Blooms from summer until frost!
- Can grow up to 5 feet depending on variety
- Bird’s, Bee’s & Butterfly’s (especially) like em!
I buy my Zinnia seeds from Seeds of Change here
Zinnia is native to the Southwestern United States and Mexico and grew wild in deserts. Hybridizing has given us all the lovely varieties of color but the original color was purple.
Find more information about Zinnia
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.